Successfully pitching to Institutional Investors requires preparation, excellent presenter's skills and an interesting opportunity. The below are some hints to maximise your success in presenting to investors:
- strategy is unique or better than competition and it is clearly articulated
- presented documents include a 1-page teaser and a 10–20 pages presentation if you see interest
- does not over promise and is kept realistic
- is backed by the right management people.
- have knowledge of the business opportunity being presented and any competition
- communicate well and are responsive to follow-ups with value adding answers
- allow investors to ask all necessary questions
- are able to take difficult questions
- are not desperate to conclude a deal
- know the right time to ask for an NDA and eventually exchange due diligence
- have a professional attitude, ideally backed by a similar website with team's background.